Friday, May 05, 2006

Free Comic Book Day, May 6, 2006

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not the comic book fanatic I once was, but sequential art still holds a special place in my heart. Some great stories have been told in this form. Tomorrow, Saturday May 6, 2006 is Free Comic Book Day, and "Free Comic Book Day" has got to be one of the coolest four word phrases that has ever been strung together. I grant you, "you don't have syphilis," and "that gun's not loaded" can be even cooler depending on the context. But free comics? That's tough to beat.

Comic book stores everywhere will be taking part in this joint promotional effort involving publishers, distributors, and retailers. Click on the graphic above to access the event's official website, then on May 6 get down to a comic store and wade your way through the geeks (of which I proudly count myself) and get a sampling of what the comics medium has to offer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...