Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just When I Thought I Was Over the Whole Zombie Thing...

Between Return of the Living Dead 4 and Zombie Honeymoon I really thought I was tapped out on this whole zombie thing. Both films left me with a feeling that the sub-genre had run its course. How many zombie films have we seen since 2004's Dawn of the Dead proved that flesh eating fiends could make for big box office? Time to move on, I thought.

Now I've come across the latest promotional footage for Worst Case Scenario. This has been online for several months, but I'm just seeing it now, so presumably it will be new to some of you as well. I saw the original trailer back in 2004 and, while it looked very cool, the film had not been shot yet. Unfortunately that is still the case, but this new footage will grab the darkside of your imagination just the same. Yeah, these are zombies, but it looks like a whole new take on the walking dead. It reminds me a bit of Shockwaves, but there's more to it than that. Check out the production's website for the latest news and the original trailer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...