Tuesday, September 05, 2006

CHILDREN OF MEN
Trailer

A bleak view of the not-too-distant future. It's the year 2027 and the world is shocked to hear about the death of the youngest person on Earth. He was 18 years old. The human race has lost the ability to procreate, and humanity can do nothing but wait for extinction. All may not be lost, though, as an inexplicably pregnant woman may hold the secret for mankind's salvation. Clive Owen plays a former activist who must transport the woman to a safe haven in an increasingly chaotic world.

The glimmer of hope in the face of extinction reminds me of The Day the Earth Caught Fire which, for my money, is the best end of the world movie of all time. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Check out the trailer:

3 comments:

Will S. said...

my mother read this book years and years ago and although I never read it I always found the story fascinating. One aspect that was especially creepy was how the women in some area were so desperate to raise a child that they either carried baby dolls or even dressed up cats and dogs and treated them as human babies.

Anonymous said...

Matt, Let me know when this comes out. I'd like to see it too.

Thomas

Anonymous said...

Matt,

Let me know when this comes out. Awesome concept and cool trailor.

Thomas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...