Monday, April 30, 2007

DON'T Trailer

The reason for the financial failure of Grindhouse at the U.S. box office is going to be debated for some time to come. Some say it was just too long, some believe the average filmgoer didn't understand what the film was trying to do, and others think The Weinstein company didn't market the film properly. While I think the length was at least a partial issue, I don't have a definitive answer, but ultimately I don't think it will matter. This movie will find it's audience on DVD, and eventually settle into the role of cult classic.

The fake trailers were an absolute hoot, so here's the trailer for the non-existant film Don't, directed by Edgar Wright of Shaun of the Dead fame. It looks, quite intentionally, like a European film from the 70s, capturing the feel of the era quite nicely.

2 comments:

Chai Latté said...

Ok, I wish that was a real movie!!!

Taliesin_ttlg said...

I don't know why Grindhouse did so poorly but the idea that they'll split the two films for the international release... well it just sucks.

I was really looking forward to Grindhouse when it came to the UK but can guarantee that if they don't show it as a whole experience then I'll just wait for the DVD. Shame

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...